Job Title: Social Media Coordinator Incumbent
Reports to: Senior Pastor Hours: 10 hours a week
With an understanding and internalization of the mission of the La Verne Church of the Brethren, the Social Media Coordinator ensures that the message of the church gets out through different social media channels.
High School diploma or its equivalent
Some college course work completed in a related field desirable
Broadband knowledge of social media
Knowledge & Abilities:
1. Brethren beliefs and the La Verne Church of the Brethren;
2. Have specific expertise in the world of social media, for example — Facebook, Instagram, podcasts, website design, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, and Tumblr;
3. Adaptable to new social media;
4. Knowledge of how to tell a story using social media;
5. Excellent verbal and written communication.
Essential & Representative Duties: — Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Oversee the church’s social media networks;
2. Create, manage and improve content for social media network;
3. Coordinate input from a designated community of contributors (content feeders);
4. Advise church leadership on best practices when using social media;
5. Do staff and volunteer social media training;
6. Create and inform staff of social media policies;
7. Work remotely;
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
Recognize the physical, emotional, and spiritual demands of the position and take time to renew, refresh, and regenerate.
This position may also be exposed to miracles, generosity, and experience the love of God reflected others.
This position will require the employee to work with a computer, doing repetitive motion.
Performing the duties of this position, employee is required to see, speak, listen, sit, bend, and reach.
This position description is not meant to be all inclusive of qualifications and responsibilities.
MISSION STATEMENT OF THE LA VERNE CHURCH OF THE BRETHREN
The La Verne Church of the Brethren continues the work of Jesus peacefully, simply, together.
WE create a Christian community, called by Christ to be inclusive, caring and peace-minded.
WE affirm that people of any race, ethnic identity, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, age, economic status, faith tradition, or life situation are welcome in our congregation.
WE believe in compassionate service, stewardship of creation, respect for diversity and nonviolent reconciliation for differences among all people and nations.
WE seek to develop and manage our resources wisely through stewardship of our finances, meaningful and timely communications, proper upkeep and enhancement of our facilities and appropriate and responsible utilization of human resources.
WE claim no creed but the New Testament, as exemplified by the life of Christ.
WE strive to follow the way of Jesus.
WE invite others to join us on this journey.
Through these efforts, we seek to grow ever closer to the mind and heart of God.