CONNECT! Relational structures like small groups are an integral part of “being” the church (and not just “doing” church) through time spent together learning, celebrating, and supporting each other. Some groups are on-going throughout the year and some form during Lent. Details, locations, dates and sign-up information can be found in the church office, Sunday bulletins and by emailing Dawna Welch, Pastor of Spiritual Formation.
Lenten CONNECT! Groups
Games People Play with George and Sharon Sparks: Sunday Afternoons / Rotating Homes / March 10, 17, 24, 31 – April 7, 14 – Let’s get together, play games (some new, some old favorites) and share a simple pot- luck meal.
Coffee, Tea, and Conversation with Kirk Smith: Friday eve. 7:00 p.m. / Kirk & Carolyn Smith Home / March 8, 15, 22, 29-April 5, 12 – Come on over to our place, where we gather casually in the parlor (aka living room) and talk about interesting topics.
The Bird’s the Word with Jeff Strogen: Saturday mornings / carpool from LVCoB / March 9, 16, 23, 30 – April 6, 13 – Participants will visit various local birding hotspots, observing wintering species as well as Spring migrant birds. Trips depart from the church at 8:00 a.m. with some selected trips leaving at 7:00 a.m. Binoculars are recommended (available for loan, if needed).
Grief Support with Tom Hostetler and Araceli Elnahass: Thursday mornings / Hillcrest Chapel . March 7, 14, 21, 28 – Join this 4-week support group for persons experiencing loss and grief. Space limited to 8 participants.
Searching for Sunday with Amanda Bennett: Friday evening 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. / Rancho Cucamonga Home / March 15 & 29, and April 12 – Come for an hour or stay the whole time. This group is for families, singles, old and young, all are welcome! We will have dinner, a conversation topic surrounding excerpts from Rachel Held Evan’s book, Searching for Sunday. This is not a bible study just an opportunity to “be” church and get to know each other better.
Pilates – All Levels with Stephanie Davis (STOTT Certified Pilates Instructor) Saturday Mornings 9:00 – 9:45 a.m. / Fireside Room / March 9, 16, 23, 30 – April 6,13 – Pilates is a low impact form of exercise that strengthens the body, improves flexibility and balance. Pilates incorporates deep breathing with slow, controlled movements that engage mind, body, and spirit.
Family Game Night with Ashley Hernandez: Saturday Evening 6:00 p.m. / Fireside Room / March 16 and April 13 – Join us for some friendly competition. We’ll have games for kids and adults alike. Snacks will be provided! All are welcome.
The Power of Youth facilitated by Mar Frost: Wednesday Evenings 6:30-7:30 p.m. / ITAV Room / March 13, 20, 27 and April 3 – An opportunity to discuss the future of the youth group: needs, wants, possibilities. Everyone Welcome!
To sign up online click HERE
Sunday Morning Spiritual Formation
On-Going CONNECT! Small Groups:
- WABS (Wednesday Afternoon Book Study) 2nd Wednesday 4:00 p.m. / Library: Fight boredom on Wednesday afternoon; join us as we engage our minds and hearts in discussion of fascinating books. All are welcome to be part of the lively discussion and sharing of our favorite reads!
- Menalogue coordinated by Greg Emrick 2nd Wednesday 7:00 p.m. / Fireside Room: Men doing intentionally what women do naturally. Guys of all ages are talking about favorite movies, faith, and stupid decisions they’ve made. OPEN/ON-GOING
- Spiritual Cinema with Jeannette Stone and Paul Hopping Last Tuesday of each month 6:30 p.m. / Fireside Room: On March 26, please join us for Slipaway, a spiritual journey of compassion, redemption, and unconditional friendship between two solitary souls at opposite ends of life. Despite the unlikely odds, they rescue each other from tormented pasts and set free their ultimate calling. Neglected by her family, Fall, a high-spirited elder with kind intentions but extreme measures, encounters little companionship in this turbulent world. When she comes across Adam, a young and hopeless street musician selling his keyboard, she buys it on a whim under the pretense of wanting to learn piano. Suspicious and wary, Adam agrees to teach her and quickly finds himself trapped in a sailboat with one audacious lady. With time, a genuine friendship develops between the two unlikely souls, yet before Adam can explore his new faith in life, his criminal past resurfaces and threatens to destroy everything. Meanwhile, an irreparable secret Fall has been hiding begins to unravel. When Fall’s family gets involved, the two friends struggle to protect each other as their world collapses, leaving Adam with his unfulfilled promise to Fall, a promise as controversial as it is human. Watch the trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi1Vy2ahpsg
- Bird Watching with Jeff Strogen / Various Locations 8:00 a.m. / Church parking lot: Join this group of nature lovers who will meet monthly to observe the beauty and diversity of God’s creation. If you are interested in learning more or if you have questions, send Jeff an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Angel’s Share with Ciera Olsen Last Saturday of the month/ Various Locations: Young adults who get together for drinks and conversations.