If you’re looking for a place to have your wedding, this information might be helpful.
The La Verne Church of the Brethren sanctuary, built in 1930, has the largest seating capacity in the City of La Verne. We also have a gym. Needless to say we get requests to use our building by non-members for weddings, basketball and community events.
- Our sanctuary has no center aisle. It has two aisles.
- The sanctuary does not have air conditioning.
- Our sanctuary seats 750 people easily.
- Our sanctuary is accessible by ramp or stairs. There are several places where the pews are shorter to accommodate wheelchairs and walkers.
- Weddings must be scheduled through the office and will not be placed on the church calendar until a wedding deposit of 50% has been paid.
- Pastors of the La Verne Church of the Brethren only perform weddings for members of the church family. Non-members will need to secure their own officiant.
- We do not rent out our Fellowship Hall for non-member wedding receptions.
- Smoking and the use of alcoholic beverages is not permitted anywhere on the church premises.
- The cost for the use of the church building for a wedding includes the cost of our wedding coordinator and custodian/sound technician. Their presence is mandatory for all weddings. If you are going to use the piano or organ, the keyboardist must be approved by our church organist.
- Please call the secretary at (909) 593-1364 to schedule the sanctuary for a wedding or to learn more about the costs.
If you would like to use our building for sports or for a community event:
- We must have a proof of insurance on file.
- A deposit is required in order to save your spot on the church calendar.
- Smoking and the use of alcoholic beverages is not permitted anywhere on the property.
- Depending on the kind of event, we may require our custodians to be present at your cost.
- A key deposit may be required.
- We do not rent the facilities for private, non-member parties.
- Please call the secretary at (909) 593-1364 to schedule the sanctuary and to learn the costs of renting the church space.